Friday, March 30, 2007

Today, I worked from home so I could tune up my car. While I was driving to Burbank to have my car worked on, I couldn't help but notice a very big whitish/brownish cloud in the sky above me. My first thought was to call Dave and tell him to step outside to prove that I was not seeing things. It seriously looked like a bomb hit LA! I drove a little out of my way to get a closer view of the enormous cloud, and meanwhile I scrolled through the local radio channels to find out what was happening and came upon a news channel that explained a brush fire started near the Oakwood apartments in Universal City about 1.5 miles from where we live. After hearing the radio announcement I felt much better and eventually arrived at the mechanic. Once at the mechanic, I waited outside and made a few phone calls to tell people about what I was seeing at that moment while ashes were literally falling like rain around me. It was very surreal.
SmileyCentral.com
Turns out no houses or people were affected by the fire. But you wouldn't think so, especially after seeing these pictures of this fire (Barham Fire):




Anyway, we made it through alive and plan to go to the Long Beach Aquarium tomorrow. More pics and stories to come...

No comments:


Stop Global Warming

As Seen in Blogger & Podcaster