Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Following up on my previous blog regarding my trip to Colorado last week...
On Wednesday my mom and I met up with a couple of ol' friends of my parents that worked at United Airlines with my dad. We had a nice lunch!

Then on Wednesday evening, we met up with my Aunt Donni in Downtown Denver and she gave us a brief tour of the downtown area and we caught up. We were both really happy to see Aunt Donni, because we hadn't seen each other in almost 20 years. Here's a few pics of our visit:

Inside and Outside Union Station

Then on Thursday we had another great day. My mom and I met our entire new family. My mom's 1/2 brother, John Erickson, his wife, Denise, their oldest daughter, Alicea, and her husband, Josh. We also met my 1/2 cousins, Sara, Lizzie, John, Mark and Luke. From their house in Colorado Springs, we all drove over to my cousin Kevin's house (also in Colorado Springs) for a BBQ to see Kevin, his wife, Debbie, and their two daughters, Amy and Rachel. This was the first time I have ever had so much family in one place. Here's a few pics from our day:
Alicea, Sara and Lizzie******Erickson & Lloyd cousins

(from left to right) Amy, Kevin, Debbie and Rachel

Me, mom, Uncle John and cousin Kevin

Then on Friday, we met up with the Erickson family and drove down to Canon City to meet Great Aunt Geneva, Uncle Carl and Jennifer, my mom's cousin. My mom had not seen Aunt Geneva since she was 16 yrs. old and I had never met her before. Aunt Geneva sounded and acted just like my Grandma, so right away I was very happy to meet her. We all had lunch, then drove over to the park to catch up and shoot some pictures. Here are some more pics:
(from left to right and then above) Sara, Luke, Lizzie, Mark, John and Alicea and Josh.

Aunt Geneva and Mom

The entire Lloyd/Lenquist family
There are more pics on Flickr, so be sure and check out the Flickr icon on the left hand side of the page.
I was shocked to learn how much my Aunt Geneva reminded me of my Grandma. Her mannerisms and voice were very similar, so I decided to video tape her to "hopefully" get a feel of her personality and similarity to my grandma, but she was a bit scared to find out I was so close to her with the camera. Here's a short video of the moment:

Then on Saturday, my mom and I woke up really early, so I could drop her off at the airport. After I dropped my mom off, I decided to venture over to Littleton, CO to see Columbine High School. I have this weird fascination with school shootings, as I am going to base my documentary on these, so called "bad" kids, who I feel had a troubled home life in their formative years. I was surprised to see other photographers/tourists there too. Here are a couple of pics:
Whew, this must be the world's longest blog ;). In closing, upon arriving home, my mom sent me a picture of my grandma when she graduated and I found these two family members to look very similar:

Alicea, do you see any similarities?
On another note, Dave and I picked a date to move back to the Bay Area...August 5th, 2007.

No comments:


Stop Global Warming

As Seen in Blogger & Podcaster